The Organization shall:
- Support the principle of least restrictiveness;
- Only use seclusion or restraint procedures to respond to behavior that poses imminent danger or serious harm to self or others after other non-restrictive interventions have failed and legal informed consent has been obtained;
- Only use systematic and manualized seclusion and restraint procedures implemented by formally trained staff after securing consent;
- Implement a system to approve and monitor the use of restraint and seclusion procedures; and
- Document, debrief, and communicate the use of restraint and seclusion procedures within 24 hours or sooner in compliance with applicable regulations.